Seven new power plants will be launched in Uzbekistan during the year (including one thermal power plant, a wind power plant, three solar and two hydroelectric power plants). The total capacity will be 2910.6 MW.
According to the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Uzbekistan, it is planned to launch:
– a modern thermal power plant with a capacity of 1500 MW in Shirin in Syrdarya region;
– a wind power plant with a capacity of 500 MW in Tomdi district of Navoi region;
– a solar photovoltaic plant with a capacity of 457 MW in Sherabad district of Surkhandarya region;
– a solar station with a capacity of 220 MW in Kattakurgan district of Samarkand region;
– a solar station with a capacity of 220 MW in Gallaaral district of Jizzakh region.
The projects are implemented by foreign companies through direct investment.
Two hydroelectric power plants with a total capacity of 13.6 MW will be launched in Samarkand region. The Topalang Hydroelectric Power Station is also being modernized here. Its capacity will increase from 30 MW to 175 MW.
In 2022, seven new power plants with a total capacity of 1,474 MW began operating in the country.